Newsletter, October 2019
Annual Show 2019.
committee would like to thank all society members and members of the
public for the support given to the Societies’ annual show on Saturday
7 September. Special thanks also to our various helpers working behind
increase on last year, some 230 exhibits were on display and the judges
(and others) commented on the high standard of the exhibits.
was good to welcome new parents with young children, exhibiting in the
adult as well as children’s classes for the first time. Thank you all
for your support. Here is a list of trophy winners.
1. Kennington Cup for most points in vegetable classes: Steve Carr;
2. Millenary Cup for the most points in flower classes: Marilyn Farr;
3. Rose Bowl for best exhibit in roses section: Margaret Young;
4. Floral Art Cup for most points in floral art classes: Margaret Gardner;
5. Millennium Cup for best exhibit in floral art classes: Fran Copeland;
6. Challenge Cup for most points in preserves & cookery: Margaret Buck
7. Gladys Prior Junior Floral Art Cup: Hazel Ash
8. Miniature Cup: child up to age 7 group: Robin Ash;
9. Junior Cup: child 8 to 11 yr. Alex Hampton;
10. Banjo Cup: best vegetable exhibit: Steve Carr, Parsnips;
11. Horton Cup: best vase of chrysanthemums: Brian Peedell
12. Dahlia Challenge Cup for most points in dahlia class: Tony Gunn;
13. Peter Baker Cup for best photograph in show: Marilyn Farr;
14. Jenny Roberts Memorial Cup: Beth Ash.
Wednesday 16 October 2019. Village Hall at 7.30pm.
first of our autumn events welcomes the return of Chris Ward, a regular
speaker who will give a presentation “Undiscovered Norfolk”.
Wednesday 20 November 2019: Village Hall at 7.30pm.
followed by a presentation from Darren Lerigo, who has presented in the
past. His title “Water” What happens when too much or too little.
Members £2.00p and non-members £3.00p. Refreshments complimentary
Saturday 7 December 2019. Winter in Wisley
outing to RHS Wisley. The coach will depart from Manor Grove at 0830 am
calling at bus stops in the village. This is a members only outing and
the cost [£10.00p for the coach only] reflects our affiliation to the
RHS. Wisley has undergone massive redevelopment in the past 2 years or
so, and is well worth the visit, particularly at only £10.00p! Bookings
to the treasurer on 730961.